Affixed to the rayon rosette and stamped from alloy the Canadian Seaforth Highlanders badge leaves a beautifully aged imprint. The scroll reading "Cuidich’n Righ" which translates to "Aid the King".
The Mk. series began development in 1917 and by 1939 they had become the choice goggles of both the R.C.A.F. and R.A.F. in the skies over Britain.
An issued Second World War service and paybook belonging to a Stoker aboard the H.M.C.S. Sackville.
RCAF archives list "W. Hook" as a Flight Officer of Special Operations who were tasked as part of the SOE with dropping weapons and picking up and dropping off agents in German occupied Europe.
Also known as "Spotter Cards” sheets were distributed to military personnel and civilians training in the identification of combat aircraft.
Also known as a "Donald Duck" cap. The Royal Canadian Navy utilized these multi-piece dark navy blue wool hats across it's naval forces during the Second World War.
Ration coupons were a coveted necessity for civilians back home during the war. Food items such as coffee, tea, butter, sugar and meat were affected starting in 1942.
While The Lorne Scots traditionally wore a diced Glengarry, the bagpipe section was outfitted with a black/blue Glengarry. This was common through many of the Canadian Highlander units during The Second World War.
Consisting of two fibre tags and cord, the Canadian dog tag served as a means of security and identification. Stamped into each tag was the service number, rank, name, religious affiliation, and country.
Active since 1891, the Toronto 48th Highlanders of Canada have one of the most illustrious histories in the Canadian Forces through the 20th century.
Production of the Canadian Bren light machine gun began in Toronto at the John Inglis plant in 1938. With over 180,000 manufactured by 1940, a small portion were chambered in 7.92mm Mauser ammunition.
Introduced in 1939 along with the new Battle Dress, the Field Service Cap would become the standard dress of the Canadian Army in the field.