Adopted by the British and Canadians in the later half of the 19th century. The Glengarry would see widespread use by Scottish units in both the First World War and Second World War.
Constructed mainly of khaki wool, this wedge is surrounded by an olive green ribbon band which crosses at the rear forming two tails. The headband, made of a light and supple leather extends all around the trim. Inside, the Glengarry is not only stamped with the Canadian Broad C Arrow but the maker mark “Ansley – Dineen 1916”. An exceptional piece of First World War Highlander headgear topped by a toorie in khaki / green.