A large black and white photograph of Number 9 Platoon, C Company of the 126th Canadian Expeditionary Force. The surrounding black cardboard mount shows wear around the edging. Unit information is written in chalk below the * x * photograph. On the reverse there appears to be writing in pencil but is difficult to make out.
World War One 126th Battalion No.9 Platoon – C Company Canadian Expeditionary Force Photograph
1 in stock
Excellent bronze framed telescope, finished in leather. The optics remain fully intact with no visible cracks or clouding. Made by Marchand of Paris and engraved "Signal Glass", it was likely a private purchase.
A period painted gold diamond over black square is proudly displayed on the front facing portion of the helmet representative of the New Zealand 2nd Battalion Wellington Regiment.
The naval badge retains it's original velvet and hand embroidered gilt wire which display a central anchor under an immaculate king's crown. Unlike Second World War examples, the crown consists of strictly red and green crown jewels rather than a central blue.
Hand painted in a distinct red, an oval form can be found on the front facing portion of the helmet representative of the Australian 3rd Division 10th Brigade Headquarters and Trench Mortars.
The tank, a British Mk IV known as "Dop Doctor" was used during the third Ypres (Battle of Passchendale). Due to the swampy ground of July/August 1917 many tanks succumbed to the mire, receiving direct hits.